Sunday 19 June 2011

The Last Lost Weekend

So it all starts/ends tomorrow. What a really depressing thought. I feel great yet tomorrow and for who knows how long, I am going to feel (and probably look) like shite. Tremendous.

But we have had a fantastic weekend in Wales. Packed up the car on Friday night and off we went. Walking on the beach;rock pooling; laughing and finished off with a trip to Skomer Islamd today to see the puffins again. I don't know if I will get to see them again this season as I'm not great on boats at the best of times - let alone with a body full of chemo! All in all it was a great weekend - a good way to try a forget about what is looming tomorrow.

Mind you this would have been easier without having to do a 24 hour urine collection. I mean, seriously, do Drs invent tests to make you lose even more dignity? Who needs a bottle of wee in their fridge? Or to have to make sure they have a bottle with them all day to collect it in. On a positive note I have successfully mastered the art of the she-wee. A work of genius. If I make it to the Bon Jovi concert in Hyde Park on saturday, it will come in very handy!

Anyway enough rambling. I am shattered after all the walking today and my sunburnt face is glowing. Ironic that I look healthy considering what tomorrow brings.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely weekend. Fingers crossed the evil chemo is worth it and crushes the cancer lol Spinny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous photo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please label the apple juice and the wee bottles very clearly sis..... don't want to be having a little accident when i'm there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't panic - the wee is back at the hospital! It's safe to venture into the fridge.

    ReplyDelete